Food Service – Fall 2020
Breakfast and Lunch are available to All Peru students at no charge as we now qualify for CEP. This is true for students attending school or learning remotely.
- Students who want lunch when at school just need to let their teacher know when they get to school.
- Breakfast and Lunch for Elementary Students will be delivered to their classrooms.
- Breakfast for Middle School and High School Students will be available from hallway carts when students enter the building. Students can pick-up a breakfast as they pass the cart on the way to their first period class. Lunch will be delivered to their classroom
- Remote Meals- Parents have to give their consent in order to receive these meals. If you completed and returned the paper form that was in the district mailing or filled-out the survey in Parent Square sent out by the building principals you have consented for these meals.
- I have children attending school 2 days per week. Will they be able to get meals for the days they are home?
Care packages with 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches are available to all Hybrid students for the days they are not in school at no charge. These care packages will be distributed at the end of the school day and taken home with the student. Hybrid B students will take these home on Friday for Mon/Tues/Wed,. Hybrid A students will take these home on Tuesday for Wed/Thurs/Fri .
- When will remote meals start for the Hybrid A&B students?
Friday, September 11th, the first Hybrid B meals will go home,
Tuesday, September 15th the first Hybrid A meals will go home
- How will meals work for 100% Remote learners? When will they start?
- Care packages with 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches are available to all 100% Remote students at no charge. More details will follow regarding the delivery of these meals. Parents have to give their consent in order to receive these meals. If you completed and returned the paper form that was in the district mailing or filled-out the survey in Parent Square sent out by the principals you have consented for these meals.
- These meals will go out the week of Sept 14th.
- Will my child be allowed to buy snacks?
Students in grades 3rd-12th are normally allowed to purchase snacks, extra main dishes and second meals. For social distancing reasons, they will not be available this fall. Once we have a system in place for providing meals in the classrooms and remote meals we will work with the building principals and reevaluate.
- Will my child have more than one lunch choice this year.
Students will have two choices for the first few weeks of school. The main menu (sandwich) and a second lunch choice which will be a yogurt, bagel and cheese meal. As we work through the process of providing room service to the kids for both breakfast and lunch choices may be added.
- My child has meal charges on their account; now that all the meals are free do I have to pay this balance?
Yes, the negative balance remains on the student’s account. Please send in a check made out to : Peru CSD with the students name in the memo and mail to Peru CSD, Attn: Mrs. Kerr, PO Box 68, Peru, NY 12979
Methods of Payment
You can pay for meals via check, cash and on-line (MySchoolBucks, below). Checks are preferred over cash for tracking purposes. Payments should include the student’s first and last name. Checks should be made out to: Peru Central School District.
Please (click here) to view our Meal Charging Policy (link will open in new tab).
View student purchases, check balances and set-up low balance alerts free of charge. Pay for meals, set-up scheduled payments from your computer or smartphone for $2.49 per deposit. To sign up for MySchoolBucks Computerized Payment System go to www.myschoolbucks.com .
For any questions or concerns please contact, Jeannine Kerr, School Lunch Manager, at 643-6026.
Free & Reduced-Priced Meal Program
Families can apply anytime during the school year. Only one application per household is needed for students attending Peru CSD. Applications are mailed out in August and are also available online. If you have questions, please call Mrs. Kerr, School Food Service Director at 643-6026.
Summer Feeding Sites
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session.
Food Service Director