Dear Peru School Community, 2019 is already upon us and the second half of the school year is well underway. There are a number of happenings in the District that I would like to make you aware of and look to seek your input in your areas of interest.
- Strategic Planning for 2019-2022
- High School Principal Search
- Budget Meetings
- Community Meeting on the 1 to 1 initiative (Chromebooks)
- New Website
We have put a sign up on the website for those individuals that are interested in the District’s Strategic Plan. If there is a great interest and we have to select candidates for the planning team. I will also host a community forum to listen to ideas from the community and bring them back to the strategic planning team and share those ideas . Peru’s community members will have a voice and their ideas will be shared. The Community meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 28, 7 pm in the Community Room.
Together, we will create a three-year rolling strategic plan that will include:
- The current district mission and vision
- statements A set of core beliefs
- Strategic performance targets
- Immediate priorities
- Long-term strategies
The plan will be developed in a powerful consensus process with all key stakeholders represented.
We are looking for 2-4 parents, 2 community members, 2-4 students (preferably 9-11 grade) that are interested in the future instructional plan for Peru
March 5, 6 & 7, 2019: Draft and agree to a set of core beliefs, a set of strategic performance measures, threeyear improvement targets, three-year strategies and immediate priorities. The time is 8 am to 4 pm each day and those that commit, we need you there all three days.
The final deliverable will include a three-year district strategic plan including mission, vision, core beliefs, performance targets, strategies and immediate priorities.
High School Principal Search
Mr. Mazzella is retiring during the next school year (2019-20). He has a long history in the District as a parent, teacher, coach and administrator. He has served the district admirably. We are going to be conducting and interviewing teams consisting of a student group, parent/community group, teacher group, administrator group and a support staff group to interview in a round robin interviewing process to make a recommendation to the Superintendent on candidates that they collectively feel would be a great fit for the next principal. The tentative schedule for the principal search is:
- High School Principal Position
- Ads in the paper 2/11-2/28
- Dates of Interviews
- 1st round with Groups April 10 & 11
- Second Round with Superintendent Cabinet April 24
- Third Round Superintendent’s recommended candidate(s) with Board of Education April 25
The budget development timetable for the 2019-2020 school year is outlined below.
- February 12, 2019 | First Board of Education Workshop/ Board Meeting 7:00 pm
- February 27, 2019 | First meeting of the Budget Advisory Committee 6:00 pm
- March 5, 2019 | Second Board of Education Workshop 6:00 pm
- March 12, 2019 | Community Forum/ Board Meeting 7:00 pm
- March 14, 2019 | Second Meeting of the Budget Advisory Committee 6:00 pm
- March 19, 2019 | Fourth Board of Education Workshop 6:00 pm
- March 26, 2019 | Fifth Board of Education Workshop 6:00 pm
You have an opportunity to see the budget process take place and have opportunity to ask questions about the budget.
Town Hall Meeting on Chrome Book 1 to 1 Initiative (The Beginning Phase Feedback)
We are inviting all parents that have been involved in the chrome book roll out to hear your thoughts and concerns about the technology and how it is being used in school and in your home. We will have the town hall meeting on Thursday, February 28, at 6:00 pm in the high school cafeteria.
The new website is planned to go live on February 25, 2019. Our goal is to make it user friendly and the navigation tools should allow the user to obtain information easily. There will be a survey on the new site on what your thoughts are about the site and ease of being able to find the information you are looking for. Your feedback is important to us.
Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing all of you sometime during this busy second half of the school year with all of the events that are taking place.
Thomas Palmer Ed.D.
Superintendent of School