Peru Elementary students have special area classes that they participate in on a six-day cycle:
|Physical Education||3 days a cycle (Sneakers required)|
|Art||1 day a cycle|
|Music||1 day a cycle|
|Library||1 day a cycle|
|Computer Lab||1 day a cycle|
SPECIAL PROGRAMS OFFERED
- Apple Crate Performance Ensemble
- Band Instrument Lessons
- Orchestra Lessons
- Mr. Badger’s Art Club
- Positive School Environment Team – “PERU PRIDE”
- Celebrations of Excellence
- Yearbook Committee
Services Available For Qualifying Students
- Counseling—to help students feel and be successful academically, socially and emotionally. The program is designed to be both preventative and developmental. Parents/guardians are notified prior to a child receiving services.
- Academic Intervention—a comprehension program in English Language Arts and Math. A plan for your child will be sent home if he/she qualifies. Parent Notification Right to Know
- Speech/Language Therapy—provided for students who need assistance in enhancing speaking and listening skills. Evaluation and therapy provided with parent/guardian permission.
- Occupational Therapy–assists students with fine motor skills. Evaluation and therapy provided with parent/guardian permission.
- Free or reduced lunch costs—complete the form sent home and it will be reviewed to see if your child qualifies.