X.i.Students Driving on Campus
Student parking is available on school grounds. Permission to drive and park on campus is not a right, but a privilege. Students who wish to drive to/from the CV-TEC campus need to obtain permission from the Associate Principal’s office of Peru Junior/Senior High School and CV-TEC. Parking privileges may be available to underclassmen that have a compelling reason to park on school grounds as determined by the principal or associate principal. These privileges are given on a first-come-first-served basis. Underclassmen are not allowed to bring passengers unless they are siblings. Any student requesting to transport other students to/from school, please see Student Parking Registration form for the guidelines. Student Parking Registration forms can be picked up at the Associate Principal’s office.
District parking privileges can be revoked, in addition to those penalties allowed to be imposed in accordance with the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law. In the event that enforcement of these Regulations requires a vehicle to be towed and stored, the owner of the vehicle shall be responsible for the payment of such towing and storage fees.
- Students will register their cars with the Associate Principal’s office. This registration will require students and parents to sign the safe driving pledge, and complete the Peru CSD registration form that includes make, model, year and plate number of the vehicle;
- Students will park their cars in the designated student parking spaces;
- Cars should be locked upon arrival to school;
- Cars will remain parked during school hours and until all buses are in and parked for dismissal;
- Students are not to go to their cars during the day, including lunch periods, without the permission of the principal or the associate principal;
- Students who drive or ride to school must report between the hours of 7:17AM and 7:25AM. Whenever a student comes to school late (after 7:28AM) other than on a school bus, they are to report directly and immediately to the main office. After the third time of arriving late without a legitimate reason, as determined by the principal, or associate principal, the privilege of parking on school grounds will be suspended according to the following:
Violation of Driving Privileges
- 1st – privileges revoked 2-weeks
- 2nd – privileges revoked until the end of semester
- 3rd – privileges revoked for the remainder of the school-year
- CV-TEC Students are NOT allowed to transport other students to CV-TEC;
- Riding snowmobiles, ATV’s or any other unlicensed motor vehicles is prohibited on school grounds at any time;
- Student drivers shall not speed, drive recklessly, park illegally, squeal tires, or otherwise endanger others with their vehicle. The speed limit in the parking lot is 10 MPH;
- Students may not engage in behavior that may damage other student’s cars or property;
- The building principals have authorization to conduct an inspection of student cars parked in the school parking lot during the regular school day where there is reasonable suspicion that the car contains items that would hinder the health and safety and morale of the student body;
- This search will be done only after informing the driver and/or parent, with said driver present.
- Failure on the part of the driver to allow this inspection will result in the loss of parking privileges;
- Students may not park, on school grounds, a vehicle which displays any expressions (phrase, word, or words) or insignia (picture, symbol, or flag) which is lewd, obscene, indecent, or that promotes or advocates racial or religious prejudice, violence or interferes with the learning process;
Loitering in the parking lot is not permitted. Students arriving before 7:17AM must proceed directly from the parking lot to the grade appropriate cafeteria. Students arriving after 7:17AM must proceed directly to the main entrance.