X.a.Student Carry-On Regulations
The following guidelines have been established by state and school officials to insure rider safety.
REGULAR BUS RUNS
- NO consumption of food or drink will be allowed unless you have a documented medical condition. ALL food and drink must be kept in your backpack when possible while on the bus;
- NO bats, golf clubs, hockey sticks, sports equipment will be allowed on elementary buses at any time. They will however be allowed on high school buses provided they are secured in the seat with the student and the bus is not overfull;
- NO skateboards are allowed on ANY bus at any time;
- NO over the counter or prescription medication is to be transported on the bus. Parent/guardian must transport all medication, unless other arrangements have been make with the respective nurse’s office. Such arrangements will be coordinated with the transportation department prior to transport;
- Potentially dangerous items may not be carried on a school bus. This includes items such as ski’s, ski poles, weapons, ammunition, flammable liquids, animals, large size packages, large presentation boards, items made out of glass (regardless of size), and pressurized containers such as insect repellents and spray paints;
- NO large musical instruments such as drums, tubas, cello’s and bass fiddles allowed;
- Musical instruments such as clarinets, flutes, trumpets, violins, trombones and guitars may be carried on the bus providing:
- They are not stored in the center aisle or blocking window exits. (The center aisle and emergency exits must be free of obstacles at ALL times).
- The instrument does not jeopardize the safety and comfort of the student carrying the instrument or any other rider on the bus.
Electronics such as cell phones, I pod’s, tablets, etc. will be allowed with the understanding that the driver and school are not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is the student’s responsibility to keep possession of their property (NO loud music or taking pictures/video’s for malicious use is allowed at any time). Talking on phone will only be allowed with driver approval;
- NO tobacco products, illegal drugs or alcohol will be allowed at any time (this includes electronic cigarettes).
FIELD TRIPS & SPORTS TRIPS
- All Musical instruments will be allowed as long as they can be secured and the center aisle and emergency windows are kept free of obstacles;
- Food and drink will be allowed ONLY under the direct supervision of the teacher, coach or chaperone (this does NOT include the driver);
- Bats, golf clubs and other sports equipment will be allowed if secured in the seat and center aisle and emergency exits are free of obstacles.