The Peru Central School District believes strongly in the positive development of its students in both areas of academics and personal growth. Each student must be afforded the opportunity to develop in each of these areas to his/her fullest potential. To provide and sustain the proper atmosphere for our students to progress in their development requires cooperation and understanding by students, teachers, parents, administrators, and the Board of Education.
The School Community, therefore, desires to work with each student and his/her parent/guardian to resolve together any problem which might prevent a student from achieving success.
In developing this code, we recognize and believe the following to be true:
- Parents influence their children;
- Parents, students, and school personnel must work together to help each student reach his/her greatest potential;
- A student and/or a family problem can affect all family members and may influence a student’s success at school;
- Problems in school and at home can have long range effects;
- When people in school and at home are supportive of a student and give specific messages to that student, appropriate behavior should result;
- Students have certain rights and responsibilities.