Instructional Technology Vision Statement
Preparing our students for success
Empower all students to be lifelong learners by providing a nurturing environment in which they are inspired to pursue their dreams and contribute to the global community.
We expect students and staff members to …
- Be aware of the impacts of computing technologies on society through many lenses.
- Utilize computational thinking concepts and practices
- Understand the interconnectivity of basic network and system design.
- Apply digital literacy to enhance learning and improve the community by becoming collaborative, productive, innovative, and ethical citizens.
- Protect data and the computing resources that they access through practicing basic cybersecurity safeguards.
- Remain intentional in all decisions regarding technology.
Instructional Technology Goals 2022-2025
Goal #1: Students in the Peru Central School District will have increased access to upgraded technology inclusive of Desktops, Laptops, Chromebooks, Tablets and Interactive Panels in order to increase and maintain student access by June 30th, 2023 as measured by district technology surveys.
Goal #2: The Peru Central School District will utilize the NYS Computer Science and Digital Fluency Learning Standards to engage, enhance, and extend teaching and learning opportunities to promote digital independence in the global community by September 2024, as measured through district technology surveys and instructional observations.
Goal #3: The Peru Central School District will promote and model digital literacy in order to ensure ethical and safe digital citizenship for all students and staff by June 30th, 2025 as measured by the annual District Technology Survey.