Champlain Valley Educational Services (CVES) currently has a vacancy on their Board of Cooperative Educational Services. The term of the open seat is effective immediately – April 28, 2021, with possibility of continued service pending annual election results.
To be eligible for service, candidates:
- must be able to read and write
- must be at least 18 years of age or older
- must be a citizen of the United States
- must not have been convicted of a felon or have been adjudged an incompetent
- must be and have been a resident of the supervisory district for at least one year prior to the election but need not be a taxpayer
- may be the only member of his/her family on the school board
- may not be an employee of a school district in the CVES Supervisory District
- may not be an employee of CVES
- may not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
- must not have been removed from a school district office within one year of election
- may not be a resident of a component school district which currently has a resident serving on the CVES Board of Cooperative Educational Services whose term will not expire at the end of the current year
Interested candidates are asked to complete this biographical information sheet (below) and return it by email to email@example.com, or by mail to CVES, PO Box 455, Plattsburgh, NY 12901.